Section 1: What Is Sabbath?
Section 2: Cultivating Sabbath
- Prepare – John 10:10
- Rest Starts with the Youth Workers, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Sabbath-Keeping and Attentiveness, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Cultivating Habits for Sabbath-Keeping, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Time Bandits, Ebonie Davis – Video and Discussion Outline
- Technology and Rest, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Mind, Body, Spirit Resilience, Jannah Scott – Video and Discussion Outline
- How to Build Happiness into Youth Programming, Laurie Santos – Video and Discussion Outline
- Questions for Reflection
- Additional Resources
Section 3: The Benefits of Rest and Sabbath-Keeping
Section 4: Communal Sabbath
Questions for Reflection
- In naming Sabbath as communal, what is the invitation for, say, a youth group? What are we being invited to take on, or consider, or reprioritize?
- What might a focus on the Sabbath allow our youth group to become, in the context of the wider church? For all of creation?