Section 1: What Is Sabbath?
Section 2: Cultivating Sabbath
- Prepare – John 10:10
- Rest Starts with the Youth Workers, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Sabbath-Keeping and Attentiveness, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Cultivating Habits for Sabbath-Keeping, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Time Bandits, Ebonie Davis – Video and Discussion Outline
- Technology and Rest, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Mind, Body, Spirit Resilience, Jannah Scott – Video and Discussion Outline
- How to Build Happiness into Youth Programming, Laurie Santos – Video and Discussion Outline
- Questions for Reflection
- Additional Resources
Section 3: The Benefits of Rest and Sabbath-Keeping
Section 4: Communal Sabbath
Questions for Reflection
- Why is “Being still and knowing that God is God” so difficult for our youth? Is it for us??
- How might we more fully tap into the “life abundant” as an invitation from God, and not (paradoxically) something else that threatens to just fill our youth ministry programmatically-inclined calendars?