Section 1: What Is Sabbath?
Section 2: Cultivating Sabbath
- Prepare – John 10:10
- Rest Starts with the Youth Workers, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Sabbath-Keeping and Attentiveness, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Cultivating Habits for Sabbath-Keeping, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Time Bandits, Ebonie Davis – Video and Discussion Outline
- Technology and Rest, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Mind, Body, Spirit Resilience, Jannah Scott – Video and Discussion Outline
- How to Build Happiness into Youth Programming, Laurie Santos – Video and Discussion Outline
- Questions for Reflection
- Additional Resources
Section 3: The Benefits of Rest and Sabbath-Keeping
Section 4: Communal Sabbath
Rest for the Underprivileged, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
Questions for Discussion:
- Sometimes rest is impossible, as Stucky lays out when describing the Exodus narrative. When rest becomes possible, it becomes an example of the freedom the Israelites experience. What might that mean for us today? How we might live into that narrative?
- For those for whom rest is an option, what does the call to Sabbath mean? How might youth leaders make the gift of Sabbath available to the youth?