Section 1: What Is Sabbath?
Section 2: Cultivating Sabbath
- Prepare – John 10:10
- Rest Starts with the Youth Workers, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Sabbath-Keeping and Attentiveness, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Cultivating Habits for Sabbath-Keeping, David Rahn – Video and Discussion Outline
- Time Bandits, Ebonie Davis – Video and Discussion Outline
- Technology and Rest, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
- Mind, Body, Spirit Resilience, Jannah Scott – Video and Discussion Outline
- How to Build Happiness into Youth Programming, Laurie Santos – Video and Discussion Outline
- Questions for Reflection
- Additional Resources
Section 3: The Benefits of Rest and Sabbath-Keeping
Section 4: Communal Sabbath
What Is Preventing Our Community From Being Able to Rest?, Nathan Stucky – Video and Discussion Outline
Questions for Discussion:
- Dr. Stucky asks, “What is the thing that tempts us to trust it too much?” What might help our youth to reflect upon this question? And what would it take for us to put that thing down?
- What would it look like for the community to gather around a specific practice?
- What might we pick up in order to re-focus on God and God’s presence?