Sample Trip Packing List
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING (and not bring):
- Driver’s License, School ID or Passport – all 18 year olds need a government issued ID (like a drivers license)
- Photocopy of your insurance card
- Money for your team shirt (ask your Advisor the cost)
- Backpack for daily use/an overnight
- Photo copy of Health Insurance card
- Sleeping bag and pillow – (must be packed in your luggage, we will be sleeping on cots)
- Personal toiletries (soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste)
- A shower towel
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Heavy winter coat
- Gloves, mittens, hat, scarf
- Water bottle (important!)
- Work boots – hiking boots are acceptable (if your child does not come with adequate footwear, appropriate boots will be purchased and the cost will be passed on to you.)
- Work gloves (Put your name in your gloves, VERY IMPORTANT)
- Work Goggles (put your names on these too!)
- Enough clothing for the entire trip. Laundry facilities are not available. On the other hand, don’t feel this means that you should bring tons of clothes. We will all be wearing things multiple times. There’s no need to be super fashionable. Plan on layering – the temperature will vary throughout the day. Make sure you have comfortable, casual walking shoes.
- Work clothes: t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts, jeans or work pants – this clothing will get dirty so don’t bring anything you love
- Casual clothes: appropriate for cold weather – we will be out exploring the city so bring winter clothing in layers
- Two church appropriate outfits – Boys: Nice pants, button down or collared shirt. Girls: dress/skirt and blouse (no super short skirts or spaghetti straps!), or nice pants, shirt – NO JEANS!
- Games, cards, book, journal, bible, etc.
- IF YOU BRING A CAMERA, IT IS COMPLETELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONES (THIS INCLUDES iPHONES!), COMPUTERS OR OTHER!!!
- No toiletries or liquids are allowed in your carry-on bag – pack accordingly!
***WEIGHT LIMIT for your ONE bag is 50 lbs. STRICTLY ENFORCED!! Weigh your bag at home to check!***
© Congregational Church of New Canaan