Please join us for the YMI 2020-2021 Lunch & Lecture series, Not Your Mother’s Youth Group: Ministry to Youth in 2020-2021. Our presenters will address the changing nature of youth ministry, the impact of COVID-19 on our youth and how we can walk with them in these turbulent times.
Upcoming Events › Not Your Mothers Youth Group: Ministry to Youth in 2020-2021
Video from the event is here: Adventures in Space-Making with the Rev. Phiwa Langeni
Video from the event is here: Innovation, Imagination, and Frustration: New Directions for Youth Ministry.
Video from the event is here: A Journey with LGBTQ+ and Immigrant Youth.
Video and clips from the event are here: A New Vision of Youth Ministry Beyond the Walls of the Church.
The presentation slides for Andrew Wicks is here.
The presentation slides for Rev. Ryan Gackenheimer is here.
- What resilience is from both theoretical and practical perspectives
- How resilience is weakened through adverse childhood experiences
- How resilience can be strengthened
- Physical - Natural methods
- Mental, emotional methods
- Spiritual methods
- Highlights of promising practices in building resilience with youth
- Reinforce the importance of the connection between mind, body and spirit in strengthening (or adversely weakening) resilience.
- Invited participants to join one of 2-3 breakout rooms to think together, discuss and model resilience interventions based on what they have learned about resilience, with application to various “composite” youth profiles.
- Reconvene the group for brief share-outs of the models developed and questions/discussion sessions.
Slides from this event are here: Just Breathe: Resilience Strategies for Today’s Youth & Youth Workers
The video and clips from this event are here: Wrestling with Rest in a COVID-19 World with Nathan Stucky